Yesterday there was a lot of stuff happening, a lot of
exciting stuff, so I didn't get a chance to write the Chronicle. For that
reason I will go ahead and do it now. It's a day late, but that's not a big
deal, as long as I get it done, that's what matters.
The last few weeks have been very trying for me regarding
making some changes in my life, but yesterday I saw some fruit from the work
that I've put in with my physical fitness. Back in March my weight skyrocketed
to 246 pounds. My body fat was 35. It was really embarrassing for me, and to
think about the fact that back in 2022 I got my weight down very low. I weighed
221 pounds. To jump up 25 pounds with my body fat numbers going up that high
made me really depressed and upset. I felt like I let myself go. I was doing a
lot of yoga, but the yoga was not helping me with my body. It was helping me
with my mind. So I neglected my body at the same time.
I made a commitment to myself to set a goal: 230 pounds with
a fat number of 30, and I wanted to get my strength up to 95. I realize that I
let myself go with my diet, that I've been in a depressive episode for the last
month or so, and I'm doing a little better now, but events in my life have set
me back a little bit.
I did start a GLP-1, but for the results that I was looking
for, that wasn't going to be enough to help me. I had to do the work. I have
been going to the gym consistently five days a week since the beginning of the
year. I have made a strong commitment towards my physical fitness, and I'm
excited to report that yesterday my weight got down to 234 with a fat number of
30.9, and my muscle is 93. My visceral number is 14, and I've been trying to
get under 15. So it was great news, and it was a shot in the arm I needed after
a very hard week for myself.
The thing is, I am not done. I have work to do, and once I
accomplish the goal, I will make a new goal for myself until I get myself where
I want to be. I will also tell you that physical health has been one of the
linchpins in helping my mental health stabilize. It's important to move, to
lift, to challenge myself and do hard things.
Sometimes in life we get wins and we get losses. It's the
nature of the game that we play. We have to understand that every moment of
sadness leads to happiness and vice versa. There are other areas of my life I
really want to improve on. I want to overall be better than the person I was
yesterday, and try to not be so emotional and thin-skinned and defensive. I
want to work on being able to manage stress and the way I talk to people,
because sometimes it's very rough. A lot of that I'm going to cover on the
episode for Monday.
I feel like I don't share real good news about myself here
very often, so I wanted to take an opportunity to do that. I also want to let
you know that if you are struggling with something, if you are battling with an
invisible enemy of some sort, you are not alone. I am here with you as you are
here with me. We got this shit, and we can do it together. We're fucking
warriors.
Don't ever give up on yourself. Not to be cliché, but you
are stronger than you know. Let's go kick some motherfucking ass.
NMF
M
