Skip to main content

WISE ASS WEDNESDAY

Stop Performing: Letting Go of the Version of You That No Longer Fits

[HERO] Stop Performing: Letting Go of the Version of You That No Longer Fits

You know that feeling when you're at a party and you catch yourself mid-sentence, and suddenly you realize you're performing? Like, you're not actually talking, you're doing a bit. Playing a character. Being the version of you that you think this room needs.

Yeah. That shit is exhausting.

And here's the thing: we don't just do it at parties. We do it everywhere. With our families. At work. On social media. Even alone sometimes, performing for some imaginary audience that's keeping score of whether we're doing life "right."

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much energy I've wasted trying to be versions of myself that never quite fit. The "always positive" guy. The "has it all figured out" guy. The "doesn't get rattled by anything" guy. All these costumes I've worn because I thought that's what I was supposed to be.

But what if we just... stopped?

READ MORE

Translate

Come see me


MICHAEL'S CLASSES
STILLNESS
WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION
CENTER
500 N Randall Rd
West Dundee, IL

FREEFORM YOGA
WEDNESDAYS @ 5PM
RAKOW CENTER
665 Barrington Av
Carpentersville

MICHAEL'S EVENTS
EXPERIENCE IV: YOGA DREAM
9/23 7P
RAKOW CENTER

DARK FLOW
10/10 1P
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER

SUPER SAVASANA
12/1 8PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER