Skip to main content

AND NOW

Struggling with Dark Thoughts? Here's What Mental Health Experts Don't Tell You

heroImage

Look, I'm not going to sugarcoat this shit. If you clicked on this post, there's probably a reason. Maybe you're lying in bed at 3 AM with your brain doing that thing where it won't shut the fuck up. Maybe you're scrolling through your phone looking for someone, anyone, to tell you that what's happening in your head isn't as scary as it feels.

I've been there. We've all been there, even if we don't talk about it.

Here's what I wish someone had told me when I was drowning in my own thoughts: the mental health advice you get from most articles and even some therapists? It's not wrong, but it's incomplete. They give you the textbook answers without acknowledging how messy and complicated this whole thing actually is.

So let's talk about the stuff they don't tell you.

READ MORE

Translate

Come see me


MICHAEL'S CLASSES
STILLNESS
WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION
CENTER
500 N Randall Rd
West Dundee, IL

FREEFORM YOGA
WEDNESDAYS @ 5PM
RAKOW CENTER
665 Barrington Av
Carpentersville

MICHAEL'S EVENTS
EXPERIENCE IV: YOGA DREAM
9/23 7P
RAKOW CENTER

DARK FLOW
10/10 1P
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER

SUPER SAVASANA
12/1 8PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER