Skip to main content

THE INCONSISTENCEY OF CONSISTENCEY

Consistency has always been an issue with me. And I don't know why. I really want to do things over and over again and develop patterns, but my life is often chaotic and always moving.

I guess what I have to learn how to do is find the things I'm really good at and continue staying disciplined with those things. For instance, my working out has been very consistent. I go to the gym at least five times a week. Sometimes six. And I see results starting to pay off. I also stay on top of my scheduling at work lately. That's not where I've been falling off.

What I really would like to do is start doing my intention ceremonies that I keep saying I'm going to do. I do it once or twice a week and then I forget about the other five days. Also, I really want my mood to be more consistent, but that is difficult for me because of my mental health issues.

I feel like we all need help with consistency, especially with mental health, because we need to be held accountable for when we act up and when we fall off the train. Everyone falls off the train at some point, and we have to give ourselves grace for that. But if we keep falling, then we have to examine what the problem is.

For me, it is an unstable sense of self-worth, defensiveness, and from what I have gathered with my last appointment, a lot of fear. Of course there's the fear of abandonment, but there's also the fear that people do not like me. This stems from a childhood issue where people really just thought I was a weirdo and didn't want much to do with me. I would then try to force issues and force people to be friends with me, and I've done that pretty much my entire life. I found some people I didn't have to do that with, and that was amazing.

I think it's kind of like I've heard in the yoga world, that everything is a practice. We practice things every day. We just try to get better and we try to do better.

I've also been very consistent with producing Breathe N Bounce every Sunday for the last three years. Despite the fact that I don't get that much attention for it, I still do it. I owe it to myself to do it, because it's just as much for me as anyone who chooses to listen.

I really would love to be consistent with my mental health and being stable. It is a goal of mine. I don't like being an asshole to people, but it just happens because of how much stress I'm under. I also feel like I have to rely on many people for many different days, and that is very stressful. Furthermore, I am also responsible for a lot of those things, right? It's a hard burden.

Nevertheless, I will keep working at it. I will keep going. I will keep moving forward. Because in this life we have two options: stop or go. And I will pick go every day, and twice on Sunday.

Hope you do too.

NMF
M

 


Translate

Come see me


MICHAEL'S CLASSES
STILLNESS
WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION
CENTER
500 N Randall Rd
West Dundee, IL

FREEFORM YOGA
WEDNESDAYS @ 5PM
RAKOW CENTER
665 Barrington Av
Carpentersville

MICHAEL'S EVENTS
EXPERIENCE IV: YOGA DREAM
9/23 7P
RAKOW CENTER

DARK FLOW
10/10 1P
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER

SUPER SAVASANA
12/1 8PM
RANDALL OAKS RECREATION CENTER