Sunday, June 18, 2023

MUSIC FROM EPISODE I

 One thing we will do here on the site is to provide you with the music that was played on the episode so you can listen here or download on whatever music service you like.  Maybe buy the CD if you're still into that.  We will also provide official videos if we can find them because we like to promote these artists.



CHRIS MALINCHAK-HAPPINESS

I thought this was a very positive way to kick off the show.  Chris has tremendous depth with his music and the theme of BNB is happiness so I thought that would be a great way to kick off the show.



DEORRO (FEATURING DYCY) -GOIN UP

The vibe on this song is absolutely fantastic.  The song talks about how the person singing is going to raise their level of life, not caring what others will think.  Deorro's album Good Evening is featured on a post I wrote a few years back when I talked about my 50 favorite albums which he made the list.  My thoughts back then:

 EDM to me have its fixtures that produce great music and not make things monotonous.  It is challenging but Deorro's album stood up in front of all.  Let alone the song five hours has been sampled by so many people the Chris Brown edition closes out the album,  But the album begins as Deorro is in a night club performing these songs to people. It has an old school feel to it and he has small interludes for many of the songs on the album.  The tracks are insanely well produced and make you want to jump and wave your hands.  Commercial maybe? But its so fucking good.  Turn Back Time and Goin Up are just very pleasant songs that when you get the kick, you feel it.  That's the thing about this album, it's an adventure of sound.  It takes you on a trip.  A fun ride.  Other songs that stand out are Feel Pretty Good, Rise and Shine, and Bailar which is one of my favorites on the album.  A latin feel that makes you move.  


This song is one of my favorite feel good songs.





KNIFE PARTY- Begin Again

This song was not supposed to be in the episode but when Jodi spoke about Jonny Kest, her yoga teacher giving her the adivce of "begin again" I knew I had to stick that in there.  The song itself is one of the most inspirational songs I have ever heard and I absolutely love it.  The whole song wasn't featured but check it out here.



SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA-Don't You Worry Child (featuring John Martin...acoustic version)

I was once asked what song would make me dance at the grocery store, this was the one, EXCEPT this is the acoustic version of that song that was featured in the SHM documentary Leave the World Behind which detailed their breakup years ago (they're back together now FYI).  I love this version of the song, especially when we do yoga we have to chill once in a while right?



If you have any questions about any of these songs or want to talk music, feel free to contact me at anytime.


Michael

 

No comments:

Post a Comment